...Am I going to do my first assignment for my photography class?
I have to lay down on the ground for 5 minutes. No blanket or anything between me and the ground, but my clothes. I have to observe my surroundings through my five senses and my response to them and the assignment. Then take photographs communicating my experience after the five minutes are up.
So, first of all, I have no idea where I should do this. I mean, the first obvious choice is at a park. But I mean that is obvious and I don't want to be like everyone else in the class. I also do not want to lay down in the middle of the street and be thinking the entire time, "Please don't let a car come and run over me." Secondly, I have to write a paragraph after all this is done-including taking the photos-and I am not sure if I can be very good at describing what I see, hear, taste, touch, and feel; we also have the option of recording what we thought. Third, the teacher said that the photos do not have to be of what is around us when we are laying down. They just have to represent what we felt. Using her example-"If you tasted your Aunt Sarah's lemon creme pie while laying there, go to her house six miles away and photograph the pie." I am absolutely terrified that I am not going to have anything happen to me. That nothing will go through my head, that I will only see blue sky, nothing will be making any sounds in the area, the only thing I will feel is what is below me, and that I can't taste or smell anything.
So any suggestions of an area where I could maybe have a more unique and stimulating experience would be most appreciated. Otherwise, I will have to go with the field behind Madison or one of the parks (Greenfield or Enid-can't decide which.)
No comments:
Post a Comment