Oh my goodness.
I loved it. That storm on Thursday night was just incredible. I was in awe. I could hear the storm in my room, which is rare. So when I went into the family room to hang out with my parents and find out what was for dinner, I wanted to see what the backyard looked like. I peeked through the back doors and was just amazed.
I told my parents to hurry over and look. We were all looking out the doors at the sky and were just shocked and amazed. It was so cool. The lightning looked like there was a strobe light on up in the sky. And the thunder! That sounded like there was a few sheets of metal being shaken over and over again.
My mom and I went to the front door to see a slightly different view and grabbed our cameras to take video. It was just so amazing. I cannot think of any other words to describe it.
As we were standing there, however, I was like, "OH! I should do my photography assignment RIGHT NOW!"
And I did.
I would get all 5 senses and would be able to have an awesome view of the lightning. My mom was a worried about me, naturally being a mom. But, I made a deal with her. I would lay with 3/4 of my body on the front porch step and have some of my body inside the house. So, we had the door open and I laid on the ground and completely enjoyed the assignment and the light show.
The assignment was to lie there for 5 minutes, I was laying there for 15 minutes, easy. At first, I was terrified that I would get hurt or something. But then I realized that I was close to the ground, and if anything was getting hit by lightning, it would be the palm tree or the basketball pole, not me. After that, I had the best time. It was just so cool that I could not get up, even though I was getting soaked. Raindrops were getting in my eyes, my dogs were going crazy at the lightning and thunder (as they usually do when big storms like this roll through) I could taste the rain in my mouth (yeah I opened my mouth and caught the rain drops) and the salt from my lips. The ground underneath me was all warm but I was getting cold on top-that was a strange feeling. The breeze from the wind, which was kind of surprising, was warm and cold at times. And it brought in a wonderful fresh smell that you only seem to get AFTER the storm is over, but I was experiencing it DURING the storm. I was also getting the wonderful, wonderful smell of rain. I just love that smell. It is the best in the world!
The view that I had was incredible. I would post the video I took of the storm and the last 5 minutes I was out there, but I was talking to myself about the assignment and I'm afraid that I sound kinda stupid.
It was an amazing night and I loved it. I still cannot believe how many waves of the storm there were. Mom said that there were 4 overall. And it was crazy, hearing and feeling the thunder at 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. Yeah, I was awake, like usual. I don't think I fell asleep until like 2:30. But when I did, it was the most restful sleep I have had in the longest time. And I did not want to get up and go to work this morning. It didn't take long for me to go to sleep, like it usually does. I am usually laying in bed for at least an hour trying to fall asleep and last night I was asleep within 1 or 2 minutes.
Now tomorrow, Saturday, I just have to get around to taking the photographs that will communicate what I experienced. I have some ideas and hopefully they will rock. I just hope that I can get what I felt to come across, but I am not sure if that is possible.
Fun! So how did your pictures turn out? Are you loving your class?
ReplyDelete