6*1*08...Nobody's Prize by: Esther Friesner
6*2*08...Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty by: Jody Gerhman
6*3*08...Notes From the Backseat by: Jody Gerhman
6*5*08...The Knitting Circle by: Ann Hood
6*6*08...Lucky by: Rachel Vail
6*8*08...Lily Dale: Believing by: Wendy Corsi Staub
6*10*08...All We Know of Heaven by: Jaquelyn Mitchard
6*11*08...Ambition by: Kate Brian
6*12*08...The Adoration of Jenna Fox by: Mary E. Pearson
6*13*08...Braless in Wonderland by: Debbie Reed Fischer
6*15*08...Cubanita by: Gaby Triana
6*16*08...Oh My Goth by: Gena Showalter
6*17*08...The Patron Saint of Butterflies by: Cecilia Galante
6*19*08...Susanna Hits Hollywood by: Mary Hogan
6*20*08...Feathered by: Laura Kasischke
6*21*08...Shock Point by: April Henry
6*22*08...Crazy In Love by: Dandi Daley Mackall
6*25*08...Poison Study by: Maria V. Snyder
6*27*08...Magic Study by: Maria V. Snyder
7*1*08... Fire Study by: Maria V. Snyder
Ok, yes I know that I finished Fire Study today and that it should be in next month's list. It will be. But because it was also in a series I wanted to include it in this month's list because I read the majority of the book in June.
Also you will notice a new thing with list. The links on the book names. That is so that you can go check out what that book is about at Amazon.com.
Favorites this month were the Study series by Maria V. Snyder, All We Know of Heaven by Jaquelyn Mitchard, Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty & Lily Dale: Believing.
- The Study series just really captured my attention. The story was unique from the beginning. I couldn't get enough and because the library didn't have the last book, Fire Study, I just HAD to go to Borders and buy it so that I could keep reading and find out what happens to Yelena. In fact, I still want more, but I will have to wait until the author writes more books.
- All We Know of Heaven is just tragic. Two best friends who look so much alike, they could be twins, are in a very bad car accident. One is declared dead and the other is in a coma for awhile. After some time, the coma girl wakes, and they find out that the girl they thought had died was the one in the coma, and the small town community has to deal with the consequences. Turns out that this has actually happened a couple of times in real life.
- Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty was hilarious. Just stinking funny. You gotta read the summary, since I am not too good at summarizing this one. (The link on the author's name takes you to the author's website where you can get the summary. Amazon doesn't really have a summary of the book.)
- Lily Dale: Believing is the second in the Lily Dale series about a young girl, Calla, whose mother recently died, father is on the other side of the country on sabbatical and working, and is living with her maternal grandmother, a psychic in Lily Dale-the center for spiritualism. She has to stop a murderer from killing more teenage girls before he finds her and kills her. In the first book, Lily Dale: Awakening, Calla finds out that she is also a budding psychic and can see ghosts. You would think that with my huge aversion to all things scary and such, this series would not be for me, but oddly enough I like it.
So there you have it. The books I read in June.
Now I just have to get to work on that Book Blowout Challenge....
I've never read anything by Jacqelyn Mitchard, but All We Know of Heaven sounds really good. Looks like you did have a good reading month in June. :)
ReplyDeleteWow! What a fantastic reading month! Thank you for the reviews!
ReplyDelete