Thursday, June 26, 2008

Reading, Reading, Always Reading

The other day I was thinking that I had only started to really read books in like junior/high school. But then I realized that I had been reading all my life. I thought that I had taken a break, gone through a book drought if you will, when really I just hadn't kept track of it all. I mean I still have most of the books I read when I was little and the books that I read when I was in elementary school and in the "drought" were from the school library which is why I don't remember reading them!


Nowadays, if you look in my room you can see tons of books overflowing from my bookshelf, my bag from the local libraries, and books in purse. I carry a book with me everywhere because you never know when you will be caught in a boring situation where the book will come in handy! Also if a certain older brother whose name starts with P and shall remain anonymous (haha) gets annoying, a book in the purse makes a great hitting apparatus! Just kidding, my hand hits better and faster, and my purse gets way too heavy.


Some of the books that I read when I was younger I cannot remember. But a few I can. Titles like The Princess in the Pigpen, Babysitting is a Dangerous Job, The View From the Cherry Tree, and The Boxcar Children series.
The Boxcar Children were my favorite! I loved them because they had great little mysteries and my mom had read them when she was a kid! I always wanted to have my own boxcar in the backyard after reading the first book, it would have been sooo cool--kinda like a tree house without a tree, which was good because we didn't have a tree in our backyard! Those books were the ones that, in my opinion, really got me into reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment