Sunday, May 18, 2008

Damask Cuteness

Back in February, I was reading Amy's blog. She was advertising for her new Etsy shop that she has opened with her sister. They had decided to join forced with Rhonnas's crazy design skills and Amy's amazing sticker skills and make some astounding products! I knew right then that I was buying.


Since I didn't have a Paypal account and Amy lives all of 2 or 3 miles (haha miles, that just cracked me up right now) away from me, I went and paid her in cash and she didn't have to worry about doing any shipping!


I did that in late February- early March. I have just now gotten around to using those waay cute damask stickers that I bought.


Friday, I went to Michaels and bought a 3 pack of 9x12 inch canvas panels for like 4 dollars. How great is that?! Anyways. Today, I decided to paint them and then put the stickers on them. After a couple of hours of painting over and over and over (took a couple dozen layers on one of them) to get the colors just right, I applied the stickers and got them on the panels in like half an hour after finding everything I needed to do it. Now I just need to get some frames for them and they are ready for hanging! Plus, this way I can always take them with me!!!!


I took some pictures, because I have a feeling some people will want them. ;)





PS... I did some laundry today. Some, uh, paint got on my sheets. That is why there is a nice white background of pillows and bed for yas.

3 comments:

  1. ooooh, love it meredith! i love the painted canvas! you did an awesome job, it really looks great. thanks for taking pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea to do canvas that you can frame and take wherever you may live. And you did a great job painting - LOVE the colors your chose!! The damask stickers look great on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Great! I just realized that I said "great" like three times in my 1st comment! But it is great! So have a great day!

    ReplyDelete