OK, not entirely sure if I already mentioned this, but ever since Christmas I have been having headaches. They started out just once a week, then a couple of times a day, then everyday. And now they are all day everyday, as soon as I wake up.
So, I went to the doctor and she ordered an MRI on my brain. Got the results a week later and they said a bunch of stuff and that I had this thing called Chiari Malformation. Since I had no clue what that meant, it scared me a little. I also had an appointment with a neurologist today.
The neurologist said that I just have some migraines and that the Chiari Malformation isn't anything to be really worried about. My brain just extends a little bit over the bottom of my skull near my spinal chord (I think that's how he described it.) Also, he gave me some medicine that should help the migraines go away.
We got to keep the MRI scans/x-rays/pictures or whatever they are called. So Mom and I took a look at all 17 pages! It was kinda cool to see my brain! And some of the pictures look really REALLY strange. Almost like monkeys, or monsters, or a squirrel with it's cheeks stuffed with nuts. Very weird. Also, in one of the pics. it looks like it is the very center of my brain, and there is a part that looks like a heart! No wonder I am so loving!! Haha.
OMG. I'm so sorry to hear about this. Headaches like that are NOT to be ignored, so I'm glad you're seeing a neurologist and getting appropriate treatment. Good for you for being proactive about seeing a doctor. A lot of people just ignore them and they can be SO debilitating! Hope the meds help. XO
ReplyDelete