Thursday, May 1, 2008

April Books Read & Madison Mural

OK...


First off, the Madison Mural. Over the summer (I cannot remember if it was this last summer or the one before,) the school had an artist come in and paint a mural on the walls outside the library. I love it. It is so cute. So today I finally took a video of it and decided to share it for your viewing pleasure. Yay, I FINALLY GOT THE VIDEO UP!!!!!




Also, it is now May. Which means it is time for the list of books that I have read in the last month. I know that this month I did not read as much as I usually do, but there were definitely circumstances beyond my control (Mom's feet) and another project that took up my time. My project was a baby blanket for Melissa. I really wanted to get it done in time for her birthday. I literally finished it 30 minutes before I gave it to her. Crazy.

Pictures of the blanket...






Now for the list...



4*2*08........Seeing Redd by: Frank Beddor (Looking Glass Wars Trilogy)

4*3*08........Remember Me? by: Sophia Kinsella

4*4*08........The Breakup Bible by: Melissa Kantor

4*8*08........Grace's Turn by: Christy Carlson Romano

4*10*08.....If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince? by: Melissa Kantor

4*13*08.....Violet by Design by: Melissa Walker

4*17*08.....Once Upon a Prom: Dream by: Jeanine Le Ny (Once Upon a Prom trilogy)

4*22*08....The Wizard, The Witch, and 2 Girls From Jersey by: Laura Papademetriou

4*24*08....Chasing the Jaguar by: Michele Dominguez Greene

4*26*08....Hex Education by: Emily Gould & Zareen Jaffery

4*27*08....I Conquer Britain by: Dyan Sheldon (companion book to Sophie Pitt-Turnbull Discovers America)

4*29*08....Invisible Lives by: Anjali Banerjee


I really liked all of the books that I read this month. They were all really good. Anjali Banerjee wrote another book that I had read before, Imaginary Men. The 2 books are adult instead of young adult, but they are extremely well written. She is really talented and I look forward to more of her work.



The Wizard, the Witch, and 2 Girls From Jersey caught my attention because of the title. It just made me laugh. Same with If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince.


I had a good time reading these books this month, and they helped me relax after helping Mom out and worrying about my MRI results.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Are those the pictures that you took at my house? Thank you for the blanket! Logan and I love it and I'm sure Miles will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blanket! How cool that you did that. One of my favorite blankets my son got when he was born was crocheted by my college roommate. I love her for that (and all kinds of other things). And nice reading list! XO

    ReplyDelete