Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Contests

So lately, I have been entering contests like crazy. I love winning them and getting awesome prizes! Within the last year, I have won like 10 contests! Most of which are book contests, which I am happy about because I LOVE books, as you all know, and love to get them for free, since I am trying to save most of my money while I can.



On Myspace, some authors that are my "friends" have posted bulletins and blogs about contests. Well, the latest blog/bulletin comes from Wendy Toliver, a YA writer. Apparently there is a contest on a blog called Author 2 Author, where if you leave a comment, you get a chance to win her book, The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren. I have been waiting for the library to get that book, so that I can read it. It is a Simon Pulse Romantic Comedy book, which so far, I have LOVED all of them. They are perfect, like a chick flick in a book! So I will gladly leave a comment on that blog for a chance to win a copy of that book!



There has also been a contest at teensreadtoo.com for the Simon Pulse Romantic Comedy books. They are giving away 5 copies of a each title per day for the month of February, so I really hope that I win! It would be awesome!



Wish me luck, everyone!

P.S. I just remembered! At work a couple of weeks ago, we had a Chocolate Contest. There are questions that you answer by using reference books. The entire staff was split into 2 teams, Primary and Intermediate. I was on the Primary team. For the entire week that the contest was run, Intermediate was ahead of Primary. Originally I was only going to answer like 10 of the questions to "do my part." But then some of the other teachers were really worrying that we wouldn't even be close. So, because I only work for an hour and a half a day, I spent the time between kindergarten cross and after school cross in the library answering all the questions that they had. On the Monday after the contest was over, they announced the winner. The Primary team won!!! So, we got to have a chocolate party that Wednesday, to celebrate and the Intermediate team had to bring the chocolate. So that was pretty cool. But the best part was that for the person who answered the most questions correctly on each team won a SPECIAL prize. I happened to be that person on the Primary team! I won a 1 pound gift certificate to See's!!! I LOVE See's Candy! It is the best chocolate and my absolute favorite! I have yet to use the certificate though, as I am waiting until AFTER Valentine's Day to avoid all the people who are buying candy for their loved ones. There would be a huge line otherwise. So Yay!

3 comments:

  1. how fun! aren't you the lucky one?! wtg on the 10 contests. books area fab and you CAN'T beat See's. it's my fave too!! deeelish.

    happy valentines day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, Meredith! That's so stinkin' cool that you have one TEN! Keep it up! I love contests too! And, hey, the more you enter, the more chances you have to win! ;) Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...so stinkin' cool that you have {won} TEN!... Oopsies! ;)

    ReplyDelete