We all had a lot of trouble saying goodbye to him at the vet's office. But it was for the best for him. He was suffering and it was time to let him go. We all miss him sooo much and I wish I could have him back when he was a healthy boy. He was very sweet, happy, loveable teddy bear of a dog. It is hard to walk around the house and not see him there. But luckily, we have lots of pictures of him, a paw print that the vet's office did, and his collar to remember him by. Not to mention, all the wonderful memories that that sweet baby made with us.
The stuff I think about, things that are going on with me, books I have read lately, and other random things that I feel like sharing...
Monday, January 21, 2008
Missing My Boy
One of our wonderful dogs, Monty, passed away on Saturday. He was having some health issues, so we took him to the vet, hoping that we could just give him some meds and bring him home. However, we found out that part of the reason he wasn't eating as much as he used to the last few days was because he had a tumor in his spleen that was so big, the ultrasound showed his stomach to be very small. He couldn't have surgery because he could die while being operated on because of his heart. He had been having some heart issues since May of last year (he had an enlarged heart that wasn't very strong anymore.) He had lost quite a bit of weight and at the end, he was practically skin and bones. The last couple of weeks, he had had diarrhea, trouble standing up, and was looking very sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





aw man. i'm so sorry to hear this. hope you have a good day. :)
ReplyDeleteso sorry, meredith. remember all too well when our family dog passed away... it's heartbreaking. wishing you a better day!
ReplyDeleteMere - So sorry about your little dog. It's always a heartbreak when we have to let them go. But hang onto the memory of good times.
ReplyDeleteI'm very sorry! I hope that you're doing alright. If there is anything I can do for just let me know.
ReplyDelete