Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Quickie Chick

I've been doing my best to lose weight and get healthier, since October of last year, when I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes; it scared me to think I was that close to having diabetes. So my mind flipped a switch and I have been doing my best to be healthier. I noticed that around that time that I haven't been able to eat as much as I used to, which is great!

I have found that eating less food--not necessarily health food, but food that is better for me, eating at home more, and just moving around a little more works for me.

One of the things that I do to move around some more is to check out Quickie Chick's exercise videos on YouTube  There are quick exercises, called Daily 100s or Quickie Workout in bed, that you can do at home for just a couple of minutes a day; I do my best to do a few of them each day so that I am at least moving a little more. She also has some healthier food videos that sound interesting, but that I haven't tried yet. Some of the videos are hilarious to watch, because she is just so peppy, perky, and smiley, that when she is doing something that seems weird, it makes me laugh. Particularly this one:



I think that doing those quick exercises, coupled with riding the exercise bike & taking a walk around the neighborhood with the family at night, is what is helping me lose weight. I am so grateful for these videos and the fact that my family is supportive of me and are willing to join me on the night walks & be my guinea pigs for some of the recipes I have wanted to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment