Friday, May 22, 2009

My First Concert Ever Recap

Thursday night, I went to my first concert. And it was AWESOME!!!!

(Taylor performing Tim McGraw on a rotating stage in the middle of the floor)


Back in February, I got an e-mail notification announcing Taylor Swift's concert dates. She was coming to the Valley. I was thrilled. Tickets went on sale at the end of the month. I went online and looked, I couldn't afford it at the time. So, I didn't buy any tickets. I was disappointed that one of my favorite artists of all time was going to be so close and I wouldn't get to see her. It would be just like the a couple of years ago when she was opening for Rascal Flatts.
Then on Tuesday, as I was heading into work, the radio announced the most amazing thing for me. Jobing.com arena was releasing more tickets for Taylor Swift's concert that night at 5:00. At 4:30, my laptop was on the website and ready to purchase 2 tickets. I had nobody to go with me, but I would find someone.
I bought my tickets at 5. At 5:07, I realized that Colin was graduating the same night as the concert. I couldn't return the tickets. I felt awful. Colin gave me grief about it, but we later learned that he could only get 2 tickets for graduation anyway, so it all worked out.

I texted Melissa a little after I bought the tickets/realized about graduation. She replied that she would love to go. Yay!
Now, I just had to wait until Thursday, drive to Glendale, and see the concert.

It was so much fun. It was sprinkling when we got the arena, so we had to walk a little ways in the drizzle. We got to our seats and found out that they were pretty dang good.

(View from our seats, Our Seats--very comfy)

We had missed one of the opening acts, Gloriana, and a couple of Kellie Pickler's songs. But we heard a lot of good songs from Kellie before the break, when they were setting up for Taylor.


(Kellie Pickler)

Taylor came on and the concert was amazing. They had an amazing set, videos, and costumes. The songs were great, the crowd was crazy. At one point, I had to sit back in my seat because the vibrations from the speakers/bass was so intense.


(Starting the show. Taylor In the middle, dancers) (Taylor playing piano & performing You're Not Sorry)


(Taylor performing The Way I Loved You) (Taylor appeared in the middle of the crowd)

Needless to say, next time Taylor comes to AZ, I am buying my tickets the first chance I get!

(Taylor & her awesome sparkly guitar)

Thanks Melissa for driving and going with me. I had the best time!

(Melissa & Me in our seats. My shirt was still wet from the drizzle outside.)

5 comments:

  1. Fun night! Thanks for inviting me!! :) I <3 YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah awesome!!! glad to hear you had fun :) i LOVE concerts but lately i'm too broke to go to any :( tomorrow one of my favorite artists, pete yorn, is coming to houston, but i can't go :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Taylor Swift! My favorite song: Picture to burn--it's just so snappy. I hope she comes to Arizona again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun that you two got to go together!! it looks like a great night.

    ReplyDelete