Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had a great 21st birthday!

It started on Saturday, because we couldn't go out to eat on Sunday-the actual day of my birth! Mom, Dad, Colin, and I went to Nando's for lunch. And it was just sooooo good! I had a chimichanga, rice, a taco, and the complimentary chips and dip. It was just soo yummy.

When the waitress came to take our order, Mom said "Should I tell her it's your birthday?" And I was like, "Well, it doesn't matter since you just did!" Which, secretly, I was glad she did. You know that restaurants love giving you a free dessert on your birthday! And they brought me a fried ice cream in this really good shell-bowl. I think that the shell was a sopapilla or something, but it was all sooo good! Even Colin, pickiest eater ever, ate the ice cream and liked it! Naturally, I had leftovers because the food is so good and big there. And I had it for lunch on my birthday!

Afterwards, we all split up. Mom and Dad went shopping for my presents because they hadn't bought them yet, and Colin and I went to see the dogs at Petsmart. Every Saturday, Petsmart has Valley of the Sun Dog Rescue come in with some of the dogs that are available for adoption; and Colin just loves going in and seeing them and petting them. It was fun, because there were quite a few who were excitable this week!

Then that night, Preston and Amy went to a Christmas party for Preston's work and couldn't take Chloe, since it was at a really upscale place. So, we got to babysit the sweet little girl. And she slept most of the time.

Finally, it was Sunday! My birthday.

I got to sleep in and it was just great. I worked on a blanket for Chloe's car seat for most of the afternoon and got it finished. Amy loved it and I think it turned out great! After Preston and Amy got here, dinner was just about ready and we sat down to eat. Once again, it was my choice. We had spaghetti!!! My favorite food ever. And I just finished eating some leftovers for lunch today! Haha. After I was done opening my presents, we had cake. Mom couldn't find enough candles, but she found a candle in the shape of a 2 and a single candle and put them together to make 21. I started laughing when I saw that! She had also spray-iced some blue frosting on top of the regular rainbow chip frosting. The whole family was cracking up, because it was almost a "cake wreck!" (We are just obsessed with Cake Wrecks around here!) I feel bad, though because I don't think anyone took a picture of the cake.

And I loved the presents that my family got me. I received:

I hope that everyone had as great a weekend as I did!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I'm happy you were able to enjoy it! I have a song for you...

    Meredith it's your birthday and you can cry if you want too, cry if you want too. Duhhh duhh.. I don't remember what else is said in that song.

    Happy Birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated b-day! and i'm so happy you are an auntie! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy belated birthday!

    yeah, I know I'm a stranger but yeah I still would like to wish you a happy (really late) birthday :)


    happy almost new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy be-lated B-Day Meredith! Thanks for following my blog and for entering the contests. I'll announce the winner tomorrow.

    Good Luck!
    Perla

    ReplyDelete