I am finally an Aunt!!
Amy had her baby last night at 11:23 by C-section. That was not at all planned. After being induced and in labor for 9 hours, she was still at 1 centimeter. So the doctor checked, and they decided to deliver the baby by C-Section. Which scared Preston and Amy; they were fully prepared for the natural birth, with a possible epidural.
I got a text message at like 3 in the morning with a picture of my adorable niece, Chloe Lynn Foster. Then at 6 in the morning, I got another text message with her stats of 8 lbs 1 oz, 21.5 inches long, born at 11:23 pm.
Which is a good thing because if she had been born 40 minutes later, she would have been born on Preston and Amy's anniversary!
I went to work this morning, came home afterwords and ate lunch. Then I went to the hospital to see how Amy and the baby were doing. Amy is tired and sore, as is expected. And Chloe is doing fine-although she is a little bit snuffly/wheezy when she breathes through her nose. She is so very cute. And I think that she looks like Preston. Preston thinks that she looks like Amy, and Amy thinks she looks like Preston.
Also at one point, I was holding Chloe after she had been fed, and Amy decided to take a nap. Preston had already stretched out on the couch, dead to the world due to being up practically all night. They were all sleeping for a good hour or two, and I just got to hold Chloe and look at her. It was funny because Chloe snorts and snores. And there was one point when the little family was asleep that they were all snoring at the same time!
When Colin got out of school and off the bus, I left the hospital to get him and bring him over to see the baby. We figured out that he had never held a baby before! So he was a little nervous holding Chloe, but I could tell that he liked her and holding her.
After about an hour more of visiting, we left for the day and I will be back tomorrow. And for those of you who know my school schedule, yes that does mean that I skipped photography today. But, I feel that it was totally worth it!
FINALLY! Hahahaha! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday my dear! Love you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Beautiful baby. Being an aunt rocks. :)
ReplyDelete