Such craziness ensued that I am still exhausted (although that might just be from the meds, ha.)
Mom was still trying to heal from her broken ankle and toe. So I was helping her out by driving her to work and helping her out by pushing her around the school all day long in the wheelchair. I was exhausted at the end of the day and would just collapse onto my bed and nap until dinnertime. Ah, the joy of naps!
My headaches weren't getting any better with the medication that the neurologist had prescribed. If anything it was getting worse. The list of my side effects are crazy long. But the worst are that my headaches have spread to my entire head, my hands and feet are tingling all the time, like they are falling asleep, I am exhausted all the time, I am super dizzy, and I have some seriously spacey memory lapse moments.
I am totally scared to drive, cook, and even shop by myself now for the fear of these spacey, dizzy, and memory loss moments. I went to Michael's last week to get some stuff for a project that I was working on and I was halfway through shopping and I suddenly could not remember what I was there for at all. If it weren't for the stuff in my hands, I would have just walked out of the store. I still can't remember what else I was going to buy. On the way home, I almost missed the turn in for the neighborhood. I have driven & been driven into that turn in for the last 16 years and I nearly missed it. I almost started crying that day because of how scared I was about how the meds were affecting me.
The doctor told me that these things were normal for the medicine. I didn't tell him about the Michael's incident, but did tell him all the side effects. I am gonna be on them for another month and see what happens. Hopefully it will work and I will see a difference. Otherwise, I would rather just live with the headaches than with these darn side effects.
Dad's birthday was on the 28th. He is impossible to shop for. Any time you ask what he wants, he will respond with, "I don't know, Let's just cancel my birthday this year." It can be very annoying. Finally I just decided to send him to Red Lobster for his birthday, since that is one of his favorite restaurants and he never really gets to go there.
I decided that in August or September or whenever it is, I will see about taking some classes at MCC. Most likely some art classes, since that has always been my favorite subject.
I started thinking about maybe opening an Etsy shop of my own. At first I couldn't decide what I would sell. Crochet stuff takes me too long. But maybe some of my spin art, laminated and sold as bookmarks? Some feedback would be helpful.
This is an example of what it would look like. I did these in November 2006 when I was getting ready to take my GED to help relieve my stress level.

And then these are the ones that I have worked on in the last week or so, with the intention of selling. or giving away if I don't set up a shop. Once laminated, they won't be so curled at the edges.

If you want close ups, let me know.
I will do the May reading list on another blog this one is too long already!
No comments:
Post a Comment