Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year

New Year's Eve, I spent it at Preston & Amy's. They had a little party at their apartment and I went and spent the night, so that I didn't have to drive home with all the crazies on the road.

We had a great night. After flicking some "fetti flickers" off in the living room and making a huge mess, we all started haveing a lot more fun.
Amy, a couple of her friends & I spent half the night laughing in the kitchen, eating chocolate from the fountain, and drinking sparkling cider (I had water.) Meanwhile the boys were in the living room trying to watch a movie. After awhile we calmed down and watched a dvd with them.
Just as we started the dvd, the power in the whole apartment complex went out! So a couple of us got out our cell phones, and Amy lit some candles. Just as she lit the lst candle, however, the power came back on.
We finished the dvd just in time to ring in the new year! After hanging out for awhile, their friends left, Preston & Amy cleaned up a bit, and we all went to bed.
It was a pretty good night.

2007 was a pretty good year.
  • I hung out with my bestest friend
  • Got a job at the local elementary school
  • Dislocated my knee on my way to work
  • had surgery
  • went to Disneyland in a wheelchair
  • continued working as a substitute crossing guard
  • Then I had the summer off
  • hung out with Melissa some more as she prepared for her wedding
  • went to her wedding and had a blast at the reception
  • Went back to work as a crossing guard
  • Watched as Preston and Amy got a new puppy, Charlie
  • Got more hours at work
  • Turned 20 years old!
  • Wonderful Christmas & New Years

Hopefully 2008 will be better than the last, just as last year was better than 2006. Good luck to all in 2008!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a good year to me!! happy new year.
    bailey and alex say hi. they're still home on christmas break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a most wonderous New Year - 2008 - YIPPEE!!

    ReplyDelete