Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Job Lately

So lately, I have been totally bummed with my job. Only half an hour a day crossing the after-school cross. There are three crosses: morning-30 minutes (no way am I doing that one, I cannot wake up early enough for that,) kinder-one hour (kindergarten cross- we are there so that the little ones can cross safely during the middle of the day if they are in one of the split classes {am or pm kindegarten} and live nearby; funny thing, almost nobody crosses then, most parents pick up or bus, but the corners have to be covered just in case,) and after school-30 minutes (the one that I have.)
Well I believe that they have given me the kinder cross at Elena for the rest of the year. Not quite sure, but on the schedule they give out each week I am on it for the whole week this week. And it sounds to me like they plan to leave me there!!
They also do not have many crossing guards and playground aides available, so the girls that were covering the kindercross are now on playground and cafeteria duty, and because I was just sitting at home counting down to the 2:00 pm alarm on my phone, they have let me take over.
So, I put on my little orange safety vest, get my stop sign & walkie talkie, and head out. On the way out, I stop at the car and grab my camp chair, cell phone (for time keeping) & book (to keep me occupied.) I honestly enjoy it, especially when I have some kid going home for lunch. That means i get to actually do my job and cross somebody!!! Wahoo!
Hopefully, I can continue on with the kinder cross and not have to look for a new job until summer comes and I consider my situation.

1 comment:

  1. meredith- you'd be the coolest cross-walk-lady ever!
    and lol about the rainy day comment you left.
    that day, i saw a mom walking to school (to pick up her kids pm) and she was carrying an umbrella.
    not just any umbrella, the outside kind you stick in the ground by the pool!!
    b, a, & i had a good laugh over that one!

    ReplyDelete