Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Book Giveaway

On Myspace earlier this month, one of my favorite author friends posted a bulletin announcing that her publisher sent her an extra box of the first book in one of her series. But, since she already had a whole bunch at her house, she said that she would giveaway the books to the first 25 people who sent her a message with their address in it, so that she could send it to them. And I happened to be one of the first to send a message. (I had seen the bulletin like 5 minutes after she posted it.) The author responded the next day telling me my book was on its way!

Well, today my book came in the mail and I was thrilled. When I opened the mailbox and saw a package of book size with my name on it from New York, I screamed in my head (there are houses with children near the mailboxes and they had their doors open... I didn't want to scare the little darlings.) I had been looking for this package in the mail and next to our door for a week and a half now. So I was incredibly excited!!!! I took a few pictures of the book......
Oh yeah, did I mention that the author also signed the book??!! When I saw that it was handwritten and personal, I had to say thank you, so I sent her another message. Love this book and the ones that follow in the series!
Loves to all!

1 comment:

  1. fun stuff, meredith! your blog is so cute. for some reason, before when i clicked your link, only a small blurb about you came up. glad to see you've joined the bloggin' world.
    ps. lol @ that pic of the girls diving down the palm tree!! i've always laughed at that sign anyway. your angle was hilarious. good ol mesa!

    ReplyDelete