Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bookstores Are an Issue

Over at Liv's Book Reviews today, she posted about Why She Cannot Go Into Bookstores. Which prompted me to post this comment:

Wow. That bookshelf is VERY OCD and amazing. I need one that big! (There is an amazing picture of a bookshelf that has the books color-coded. You should check it out.)

I would love to own every book that I have read (except of course for the ones that I didn't really like.) But, alas, the issue of money is a huge concern. I don't go into bookstores very often either, for fear of bankrupting my checking account!

Which is probably why my holds list on my library account has over 40 books on hold. I love my library, because they get new books very quickly.

I go to the bookstore, pretty much for books in a series that I own, authors that I LOVE, and for the next book in any series that I am loving to read from the library, but cannot wait around for the next book to come from the hold list.

For example: right now, I am reading The Kingdom Keepers by: Ridley Pearson and am very seriously thinking about going to Borders and getting the next book. I cannot wait for 5 other people to finish the next book before I get it! And who cares if I already have 20 books out from the library?! I will read that book first, just so I can know what is going on in the series.

Oooh! Also, I when I DO go into a bookstore, I usually have my camera with me. So if I see some books that I would like to read, I take a picture of the book title so that I can put it on my TBR list at home.

As for the problem of owning every book I have read, over at amazon.com, I have created a list called Books I Have Read, where I just add the book that I have just finished. And even if I re-read a book, it will not count it. That way, I will know exactly how many different books I have read in a year!

OK. Rant over. I just might copy and paste into a blog post of my own!~Meredith

Which, I just did!

So this got me to thinking...
If I were to own every single book I have read, how much money would I need to be able to buy them? And how big of a bookcase would I need? Or how many?

Maybe someday I will figure that all out by using my amazon books read list, but for now, I just really want to get back to The Kingdom Keepers (which is really really good so far, and all of you should read it. It is also set in Disney World, FYI!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment