Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Fun

This year for Halloween, Mom and I handed out candy and glow bracelets to the neighborhood children that came out. It was soo much fun. I think that we had more fun cracking the bracelets and making jewelry for ourselves than we did passing them out! Possibly more fun than the trick or treaters. We got my camera out and took pictures. The first one we used a flash. The rest we used a feature on my camera that I had recently found called Long Time Exposure. Sooooo much fun messing around with that.

Mom & I getting ready to pass out candy & glow bracelets on Halloween.







Wearing lots of glow bracelets (we bought a ton of those things!)





And moving for the picture.




Me wearing many glow bracelets put together and waving my arms around while the camera was on the long time exposure.






Mom cracked one and started to shake it to activate the chemicals all while the camera was going!





Me wearing five bracelets connected together to make one bracelet on each hand, a necklace with a "charm", two earrings, and an ankle bracelet. Moving around was the best part of the pictures. But I did sit still for one picture. You can see all the bracelets (well most of them) in the second picture.








After I was done handing out candy and bracelets, I went over to Preston and Amy's to hang out for a little while. When I was there we did put a couple of the bracelets on Charlie. He was soo cute as Underdog!







On October 24th, Preston and Amy went to one of those Halloween Superstores and bought their costumes for a party they were going to that weekend. Amy went as Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter and Preston went as Egon from Ghostbusters! That night they modeled their costumes for us. Preston's costume came with a blowup ghost-busting pack (I cannot remember what that is called.) It took him like 10 minutes to get that thing blown up. It was hilarious when everything was put together.
(Amy didn't have her wig or makeup on, so she wasn't completely in costume.)

They had some fun messing around in their costumes while I took pictures. As you can probably tell.











So that was my Halloween. I had so much fun. It is definitely one of my favorite holidays!

2 comments:

  1. funny halloween stuff! and the glow pics are really cool.

    he goes on @ 10. there aren't really seats- from what i remember. dance floor- and then table and chairs.
    connie and i are leaving @ 9.

    we'll see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, meredith. just popping in to say hi. hope you're busy and happy. got your nose in a good book?

    ReplyDelete